Monday, June 18, 2012

Pirates vs. Indians, Ninjas Nowhere in Sight

The Tribe, after losing a series to the Reds, just lost one to the Pirates. Ok, the Reds I can see. They're playing well and have been a division contender for years now. I also know that we're mostly coasting on luck and timely hitting because we just don't have allot of talent. But the Pirates? They haven't had a winning season since 1992. They also beat us with the oft-maligned A.J. Burnett. I was adamant before the season that the Indians should NOT sign Burnett, after watching him implode in New York the last few years. Now he's helping the Pirates contend for the first time in two decades. Lovely. I guess he's their Derek Lowe, in a way. The Pirates have a better record then we do now (they didn't enter the series that way, mind you - we were both 32-30) so they're having a pretty good year I guess. Now we have to play the Reds again. I'm beginning to hate the NL Central.

0 comments: